Fields marked with an
* are required
: Before you apply to become a foster, please consider the following
We require all your personal dogs, cats, or other animals to be current on required vaccinations and be spayed or neutered unless there is a legitimate medical reason. We will call your vet to check! This is for the safety of both your animals as well as our foster dogs. We know different animals can be on different vaccination schedules, so please feel free to explain your individual situation if applicable.
Also, before you fill out this application, please make sure you have permission from your landlord, apartment manager, spouse, and/or roommates!
What is your name?
Please tell us how you heard about becoming a foster for Plenty of Pit Bulls?
Why do you want to foster for Plenty of Pit Bulls?
Are you at least 18 years of age?
Do you have a partner, roommate, etc. that will interact with this foster dog?
If yes, do they agree with your decision to foster a dog?
District of Columbia
Zip / Post Code
Which statement best describes your employment status?
Please list two personal references (not relatives) and their relationship to you and your current veterinarian if applicable.
Reference # 1:
Reference # 2:
How many adults live in your home?
How many children live in your home, or visit regularly, and how old are they?
Is anyone in your home allergic to dogs?
Is anyone in your home afraid of dogs?
Which statement best describes your current living arrangement?
What type of residence do you live in?
Do you have a fenced yard?
If you have a pool, is it fenced?
If you move within the area, would you be able to take your foster dog(s) with you?
Do you have the ability to keep your foster dog separate from other pets if needed? How?
If you currently rent, please answer the following questions. If you do not know the answers, please find out before submitting this application. We do not have backup foster homes, so if you tell us you can have an 80 lb dog (for example), we need to know this information is true.
Do you have permission from your landlord to have a dog?
If applicable, have you paid any pet deposits or fees?
Please explain any pet restrictions your landlord has (number of pets, weight, breed, etc.).
YOUR CURRENT PETS
Please list all pets living in your home, including small pets like rabbits or hamsters and also livestock such as chickens, horses or goats.
Tell us about your current pets (name, species, age, years owned):
Are all your pets spayed or neutered?
If not, please explain:
Are all your pets current on required vaccinations?
If not, please explain:
Do any of your pets have health or behavioral problems?
If so, please explain:
Do your pets typically get along well with other animals?
FOSTER ANIMAL INFORMATION
Which sex of dog would you prefer?
Are you willing to foster more than one dog at a time?
Can you transport your foster dog to weekend adoption events in Gainesville, FL?
Do you prefer a certain size dog (small, medium, large, etc.)?
Are you willing to foster the following types of dogs if needed?
When are you available to start fostering?
Are you planning to travel in the next few months?
Will you need a relief foster home if you travel?
How many hours will your foster dog be alone during a typical day?
Where will you keep your foster dog when you are not home?
Do you have experience with any of the following?
POLICIES AND FOSTER AGREEMENT
By submitting this foster application to Plenty of Pit Bulls, you hereby agree to abide the terms below. Please read them carefully!
1. I will allow a rescue representative to visit my home (by appointment).
2. I understand that POPB will provide all medical care, food, and necessary equipment.
3. I agree to follow all instructions provided by POPB for the care of my foster dog.
4. I understand that the foster dog belongs to POPB and all veterinary care will be provided
ONLY with POPB's explicit approval.
5. I agree to communicate regularly, and clearly, with POPB about any concerns or questions I have regarding my foster dog and to provide updates and information that will help my foster dog find the best forever home.
6. I understand it may take several days, or even weeks, for my foster dog to adjust to my home and I will be patient and follow all instructions from POPB.
7. I will follow all instructions about introducing my foster dog to my current animals and family members. This is necessary to ensure a successful transition and keep everyone safe.
8. If I cannot keep my foster dog for any reason, I understand that in most cases, there is no backup foster home and it may take weeks for the right home to be available. I will keep my foster pet while POPB looks for a new foster home.
9. I agree to bring my foster dog to all veterinary appointments and adoption events as requested.
10. I understand my foster dog might need to be isolated away from other animals for health or safety reasons.
11. I understand if I wish to adopt my foster dog, I must fill out an adoption application and be approved like all adopters.
Approval to foster does not guarantee approval to adopt.
12. I understand if I decide to adopt my foster dog, I must pay the applicable adoption fee ($150). This is necessary to help defray the cost of medical care, food, supplies, and other needs of the rescue.
13. I understand any potential adopters
MUST fill out an adoption application AND be approved by POPB, even if they are relatives or friends of mine.
All of the information I provided in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. If any information changes, I agree to advise Plenty of Pit Bulls as soon as possible.
Foster Applicant Signature:
If you have any difficulties with this form, please contact email@example.com